In September, we are doing a cruise on the Disney Dream. We have been on the Dream before. Well, we received a neat message from a friend over night that is a travel agent, and then a confirmation email this morning that our cruise will now be Halloween themed! This is so exciting! If you are in to Halloween & Cruising, this should be up your alley. There is probably still time to join in!
This was the post on the Disney Cruise Line Blog today.
Disney Cruise Line continues to raise the bar with extra onboard activities, decorations, unique menu items, and deck parties planned to celebrate Halloween this fall on select sailings. This year, guests sailing on the Disney Dream will be in for an extra-spooky celebration, Halloween on the High Seas. That is right; this will be exclusive to the Disney Dream.
Halloween on the High Seas promises to be filled with a frightening batch of goodies ranging from Halloween-themed parties to a Halloween Tree that transforms throughout the cruise and a signature meet and greet with the Pumpkin King! Additional special experiences exclusive to the Disney Dream will include:
- A Nightmare Before Christmas—Sing and Scream, an interactive movie experience where guests are part of the action, followed by a meet-and-greet with Jack Skellington and Sally.
- Mickey’s Calling All The Monsters Mouse-Querade Deck Party, a celebration in addition to Pirate Night with games, dancing and some Disney characters in Halloween attire.
- Haunted Stories of the Sea with a mysterious sea captain storyteller.
- Creepy Cabaret with performances by ghostly musicians and a Villainous Takeover on the dance floor in the adult nighttime district.
- More spooky fun on the Disney Dream includes mask-making, pumpkin-carving and a Disney villain takeover of the ship announcements!
While the Disney Dream has a signature event planned, the rest of the fleet has frightfully good times planned with treats, tricks, magical mischief and spooky surroundings.
- Haunted Parties: Beloved Disney characters, wearing special Halloween costumes just for the occasion, will join guests for a fun-filled Halloween costume party – Disney Cruise Line style – complete with live music, dancing and lots of candy! For adults, the nighttime entertainment district on the Disney ships becomes the ghoulish setting for a costume contest and party sure to bring chills to everyone.
- Spooky Movies: To get guests into the spirit of the season, Halloween-themed movies will be shown in Buena Vista Theatre, on Funnel Vision by the family pool and in guest staterooms.
- Ghoulish Delights: Disney Cruise Line chefs have conjured some very special treats for Halloween, including chocolate cake with pumpkin filling, spider cakes and “Witch’s Brew.”
Jack Skellington & Sally Meet and Greet
Disney Dream from Port Canaveral, FL
NOTE: According to Disney Cruise Line’s release, the September 29th sailing will not include the Halloween celebration.
- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise on Disney Dream Itinerary A
Port Canaveral, FL • Nassau • Disney’s Castaway Cay
9/26/2013, 10/3/2013, 10/10/2013, 10/17/2013, 10/24/2013, 10/31/2013
- 4-Night Bahamian Cruise on Disney Dream – Itinerary
Port Canaveral, FL • Nassau • Disney’s Castaway Cay • At Sea
9/22/2013, 10/6/2013, 10/20/2013
- 4-Night Bahamian Cruise on Disney Dream – Itinerary C
Port Canaveral, FL • At Sea • Nassau • Disney’s Castaway Cay