I got this from one of our local running shop’s daily email, and thought I would share.
Here are our Top 10 Ways to Participate in the only holiday devoted to runners!
1. Wear your running shoes to work today – Let everyone in the office know you are a runner by wearing your running shoes today…with your boss’s permission of course
2. Use the hashtag #runningday on social media – Even if you don’t like to use hashtags, this is the day to let everyone know you are a runner and a great way to see how other folks are celebrating!
3. Spread the running bug to a friend – Arrange to meet up with a friend who is new to running for an easy mile at a local greenway or park, you don’t need to run the whole mile but getting them out there can show them how fun running can be!
4. Sign up for a big race – You’ve been dreaming about running that marathon on the west coast? Sign up today, you might even get a special National Running Day Deal
Here is a link I posted yesterday for $20 off any Rock n Roll Series Race
5. Set a new goal – Aim to PR this season or set a new personal distance record Challenge yourself.
6. Tell the world why you run with a “I run…” badge
7. Kick off a new group run in your neighborhood, use this run guide to help plan.
9. Get a new pair of running shoes – Every six months or every 350 miles, your knees will thank you
10.Go for a run – It may seem obvious, but this is not the day to skip you run! Go out there and enjoy the miles!