Early registration opened this morning for the 2014 Space Coast Marathon & Half Marathon for those that have qualified for the Big Bang Race Series last year. I was able to get right in at 9:00 AM and got registered for the half marathon. Registration for the general public opens tomorrow. Click here to access this registration page.
This is an awesome race. Sign up if you can make it. Awesome medal. This year’s medal will commemorate the Space Shuttle Challenger!
Registration opens for the 2014 Space Coast half/marathon on Friday, February 14th for anyone that qualifies for the Big Bang Series qualifying participants. It opens to the general public on Saturday, February 15th. In order to register early, you must use a provided code AND your name must match that in the database of 2013 participants.
Here are some notes my running buddy Stephanie posted.
1) The have moved the expo to the Radisson conference center. Hopefully this will alleviate the congestion problems that occurred at the Kennedy Space Center last year – that was crowded!!
2) Registration fees went up quite a bit from last year. Last year it was $70/80 for the half/full. This year it starts at $85/$95.
3) They expanded the full marathon field to 3400. The half field will remain at 3400, which is about what they had last year.
4) They are not allowing ANY switching between events this year – what you sign up for is what you must complete. There are also no transfers or deferrals (with the exception of deferrals allowed for deployed military with a copy of their orders – very happy to see that they are taking care of our military).
5) They are also switching to gender-specific shirts!!!
This year’s medal will represent the Challenger Shuttle.