Yesterday, RunDisney presented the much anticipated medals for the Inaugural 2016 Star Wars Dark Side Race Weekend medals for the April races at Walt Disney World in Florida.
Can you feel the power of the force? That’s because these are the medals you‘ve been looking for. The 2016 Star Wars™ Half Marathon – The Dark Side finisher medals have just been released.
All of them are pretty exciting; however, the half marathon medal is a little disappointing. Granted we cannot see the other side of the spinner, but it is a little bland for such a much anticipated event. It will make it all better if Darth Vader is on the other side.
No matter the case of the medal, I am so excited to run the Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon in April 2016.
There is still time to ensure you take one home for yourself. Limited space is available for the half marathon race on April 17th. Secure your spot in this inaugural 13.1 mile thrilling race through the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida. Click the link above to join us.
On Sunday, November 29th I will run the Space Coast Half Marathon near Kennedy Space Center in Cocoa Beach, Florida. This will be the third of five races in their Big Bang Series.
The series started in 2013 and they are offering a different medal each year celebrating each of the five space shuttles. In 2013, we got the Columbia medal and last year we got the Challenger medal. This year is special in that we are able to get two medals. We will get the Discovery medal above, but we will also get a Milky Way Challenge medal for completing the first three legs of the race.
2013 Medal – Columbia
2014 Medal – Challenger
Here are all the medals if you finish all five years.
Finally, here are the race recaps from the previous two year: 2013 Space Coast Half Marathon & 2014 Space Coast Half Marathon.
It’s time for Lift Off!!!! Besides Disney races, this is the ultimate start to a race!
Today the Space Coast Half/Full Marathon opened for registration. Boy did they unveil an awesome surprise. They have planned out 5 medals over the next 5 years, 1 each year to commemorate the 5 space shuttles. They have also included an additional medal if you complete 3 and/or 5 of the races.
With this I now have my December race planned for the next 5 years.
The race is December 1, 2013 and is $75 for the half until August 31, 2013. Trust me I will not be missing this so I will be registering well before August!
Running Zone Foundation and Space Coast Runners welcome you to the 42nd running of the Space Coast Marathon and Half-Marathon – Florida’s oldest marathon. This is one of the most unique running and walking events in the country! As our race is held within the shadow of the Kennedy Space Center, the entire event revolves around a space theme sure to delight and energize our participants.
THE ONLY SPACE-THEMED MARATHON & HALF MARATHON ON THE PLANET!!!
The 42nd running of the Space Coast Marathon will take place along the beautiful Indian River in Cocoa and Rockledge, Florida. We are capping the event this year at 4,000 participants.
As part of the celebration of the Space Coast, here are some of the amenities planned
Health First Health Plans Health & Fitness Expo at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex!
Custom “Space-themed” Medals
Electronic “Space” Certificate to recognize and commemorate their accomplishment of all finishers
Start your race to the roar of a Space Shuttle countdown and liftoff on the Jumbotron
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex admission discounts to participants
“Space” Props along course and at finish line area
“Space” Themed Water/Aid Stations all along course
Volunteers in NASA-like uniforms and hats
“Space” Photo opportunity with astronauts walking around the race site
NEW THIS YEAR: We are very excited to announce “The “BIG BANG” Series, featuring astronomical finisher medals
- Join the Ultimate Space Race!
- THE BIG BANG Series: 5 years = 5 space shuttle medals + 2 MEGA Challenge Medals!
- 5 shuttle medals from 2013-2017 commemorating the Space Shuttle Program. A unique shuttle medal for each of the shuttles within the shuttle fleet
- 2013: Columbia: STS – 1: 1st in flight shuttle to launch, 7 stars represent 7 lost astronauts
- 2014: Challenger: STS – 6: 1st ever spacewalk; 7 stars to honor the 7 lost astronauts
- 2015: Discovery: STS – 41 D: deployed NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope!
- 2016: Endeavour: STS – 49 : 1st repair mission for the Hubble Space Telescope (45th Space Coast Marathon Anniversary)
- 2017: Atlantis: STS – 51 J: sent probes to Venus and Jupiter. Final shuttle in program.
- Challenges: Earn Astronomical Medals
- MILKY WAY CHALLENGE
- Complete 3 Races in 5 years = MILKY WAY FINISHER
- Participation in either the full or half marathon for 3 out of the 5 years
- INTERGALACTIC CHALLENGE
- Complete 5 races in 5 years = INTERGALATIC FINISHER
- Participation in either the full or half marathon for all 5 consecutive years
§ Receive your medal at the finish line of your qualifying year.